Sunday, March 20, 2011

Annointing...

When he entered Capernaum, a centurion approached him and appealed to him, saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully." He said to him, "I will come and cure him." The centurion said in reply, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed. For I too am a person subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come here,' and he comes; and to my slave, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith. And Jesus said to the centurion, "You may go; as you have believed, let it be done for you." And at that very hour (his) servant was healed.
Matthew 8:5-10,13
  • What stood out about the passage? Why?
  • A centurion is a military officer, a person with great power; what is significant about the way he approached Jesus?
  • Why is humility important when seeking healing from Jesus?
  • Why is faith important in receiving healing from Jesus?
  • Do you believe Jesus still heals people? Why or why not?
  • What makes a ‘healer’ real?  Does Jesus fit the definition?

►Now click here to go to the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment