Monday, March 21, 2011

...of the Sick

Before you read today's blog, go read yesterday's.
Don't want to scroll down? Just click here. BUT don't forget to come back.



















Did you read the passage?
Really read it?



How bout the questions?
What's a centurion again?

Why yes, it is an old Roman military officer high in the hierarchal system with great power.
Though if you read the verse,
you see the way in which he refers to
JESUS.
The Centurion says,
 "I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed."
It shows how even the most powerful
may not always be as powerful as they appear.
Even they must yield to someone higher than he or she.

This past Sunday (yesterday), we had Lifenight. It's my church's high school youth group. Not to brag or anything but... I have the best small group. What? You can't read it? Oh well... I have the best small group! I am a very proud small group leader and ♥ it. This semester's theme is over the 7 sacraments,  and the Anointing of the Sick was our most recent topic. This sacrament is a physical, spiritual and mental healing.  Go back and read the verse. It was actually the one we read on Sunday with the topic and talked about in our small group time. The questions too. How does the verse relate to the Anointing of the Sick? 
Makes more sense now that you know what it has to do with.

I really liked this verse,
with the help of my kiddos and my lovely assistant,
we each learned to sort of decipher it.
I'll share more of our findings with you tomorrow.
It's getting late
and I should probably post this sometime today,
I'll explain the Anointing of the Sick more on my next post.
Hope you have/have had a great day!
(depending on when you're reading this)
but for me it is now bedtime,
so goodnight and sleep tight,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment