Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring cleaning

"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water."
Hebrew 10:22 


I began spring cleaning today. Huge mess that came from it. There were papers and more papers everywhere. I'm one of those people who keeps old 4th grade TAKS essays so that someday when I'm older I can look back and laugh at the overuse of simile's in my a-time-you-learned-something paper. Just looking at the piles of papers to be recycled and papers to be kept, I have no idea where it all came from. It just accumulates and accumulates and by the time you know it, it's everywhere and you don't even realize it. I kept putting of cleaning everything out and it wasn't until now that I wish I had gotten it over with earlier. I mean come on, cleaning your room isn't the most ideal way to spend the first Monday of spring break. But hey, sometimes we need it, that little break from our break to really value this new found time we have. It's important to go back to our roots to find out what the desk really looked liked under that pile of papers. Maybe even a spiritual cleaning is in order. We can't to a spiritual cleaning on our own, we have to ask God to help with it. Start with a prayer at night, maybe add a bible verse too (see above).  It's not for us to jump right in, but to take it at our own speed. As much work as we may put into it, spring cleaning only lasts for a season, but spiritual cleansing can last for the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment