Thursday, March 17, 2011

happy St. Patrick's day!

"The love of God and his fear grew in me more and more, as did the faith, and my soul was rosed, so that, in a single day, I have said as many as a hundred prayers and in the night, nearly the same. I prayed in the woods and on the mountain, even before dawn. I felt no hurt from the snow or ice or rain."
St. Patrick

I hope everyone wore green today! I told my little brother about how you have to wear green if not people pinch you. He then changed and then went around pinching the rest of my family that didn't have green on. Oh kiddos. Anyways, I didn't really know much about the true St. Patrick so I did a little reading.  His story is really amazing. Not originally Irish, he converted thousands to Catholicism all throughout Ireland. He wrote, taught and shared his love for God over a whole nation of people. He was a great guy worthy of his sainthood (is that the word for it?). Want more info? I got mine from Catholic.org. Here's the link to St. Patrick's page: http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=89. Goodnight guys:)

No comments:

Post a Comment